Taking Care of Your Skin in the Holiday Kitchen
Spending the day in the kitchen cooking and baking for the holidays can be enjoyable, but it can also take a toll on your skin. Here are some skincare tips to keep your skin healthy while you whip up delicious dishes:
- Cleanse Your Face: Start your day with a gentle cleanser to remove any impurities. This will provide a fresh canvas for any makeup you might wear.
- Moisturize: Apply a lightweight, non-comedogenic moisturizer before you start cooking. This will lock in moisture and act as a barrier against heat and steam.
- Sunscreen: If your kitchen has a lot of natural light, consider applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Even indoors, UV rays can affect your skin.
- Hydrate: Stay hydrated throughout the day by drinking plenty of water. This will help keep your skin hydrated from the inside out.
- Avoid Hot Steam: Be cautious around boiling pots or steam. Hot steam can cause redness and dryness, so try to keep a safe distance.
- Wear Oven Mitts: Protect your hands and forearms by wearing oven mitts or gloves when handling hot pots, pans, or baking sheets.
- Frequent Hand Washing: You’ll likely be washing your hands frequently. Use a mild, moisturizing hand soap to prevent your hands from drying out.
- Avoid Touching Your Face: Be mindful of not touching your face too much while cooking to prevent transferring any dirt or bacteria from your hands.
- Cool Compress: If you accidentally burn yourself, apply a cool compress (not ice directly) to the affected area to reduce redness and pain.
- After-Care: After cooking, pamper your skin with a gentle, hydrating mask or a soothing skincare routine. This can help rejuvenate your skin after a day in the kitchen.
- Remove Makeup: If you’re wearing makeup, be sure to remove it thoroughly before bedtime. Leaving makeup on can clog pores and lead to breakouts.
Remember, everyone’s skin is unique, so adapt these tips to your specific needs. Keeping your skin healthy and protected in the kitchen will ensure you look and feel your best, even after a day of cooking and baking.
Makeup routines range from a quick mascara and lipstick all the way to a full face with all the bells and whistles. Whether you have a go-to look you wear every day or you like to change it up based on your mood or what’s on your plate for that day, Let’s take a look at all the steps you might like to add in your makeup routine and the products and tips that can help you get the perfect look and routine for you.
Join the Thoughts on Beauty group on Facebook to get sneak peeks at upcoming products, insider info and a bit of fun. Plus special VIP “private sale” offers.
You already know and love beauty. Why not sell it?
- Get all the digital tools you need.
- Save 25% on your personal Beauty purchases
- or earn 25% on your customer’s purchases.
- Get 20% discount/earnings on Fashion and Home.
- Plus bonuses based on your sales and/or team sales.
Join My Team Today for Experienced Support
Enter for a chance to win our latest sweepstakes or giveaway from Avon and your Avon Representative
First time visiting Thoughts on Beauty? Learn more about what we have to offer on our Welcome Page.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to follow me on your favorite social channel.
Last Updated on December 5, 2023 by avonladychris